Indian Test Series

Forum » Cricket » Indian Test Series

Oct 11, 2019, 16:57

Find it very strange that not one cricket follower has posted a comment on the present test in India.

It appears to be a disaster from day one.

After the last test the opening bats have once again fail to deliver as has `B`.

Surely it is time to make the call and ring the changes or are we going to accept the rest and not the best.

Not following domestic cricket in SA but that said are their no young prospects who are being overlooked because of politics.....

What a pity.

Oct 11, 2019, 17:10

""These dutchmen and colonials always feel hard done by.

I dont ever think we'll see it change during our lifetime."

Apparently it's racist to complain...this particular "dom and dik Dutchmen " had enough. Cheers.

Oct 11, 2019, 17:42

The fact is that the SA batsmen always seem to struggle in Indian conditions and I am not really all that surprised as to what happened in this case.   

There is need for team renewal and a lot of youngsters around,  It is not only the fact that the batters fail.   The same can be said of he bowlers - even Rabada does on test level not have the impact in India despite his top performances in India in the IPL.

I think the upcoming English series in SA will have a clear indication as to what is going to happen in future,   It is better to blood new players in local conditions and not in sub-continental conditions.    

Oct 11, 2019, 17:55

Nonsense Mike, barring this and the previous tour to India, South Africa's was always competing against India. Without Googling it, we have probably the most successful record against India in India. There is something wrong with our Cricket and it ain't the need for young blood. There's an acute lack of leadership and backbone IMO....nothing to do with quotas or selection, we need a leader of men either as captain or as coach...we lack grit. It's a mental thing...I think.

Oct 11, 2019, 20:36

Our cricket side is so piss poor I’ve lost interest - thank goodness the series is not being televised in the UK

Oct 11, 2019, 21:20

Well Dave appears you are correct.........not much interest  from the cricket followers on this tour.

Oct 11, 2019, 23:40

ja, its hard to argue hey.

650 for 5 and then we are now 35 odd for 3.

its been a crappy year for cricket in SA.

Wholesale changes needed.

Faf needs to stay thought.

Markram, Elgar, Bavuma, de Bruyn and Munthusamy all need to go.

How can Bavuma still be in our top 5. He's got like 1 hundred in 30 odd tests with an average of 32!!

Markram needs to go on a sabaticle to find himself again,

Elgar is great in one in every 4 innings.

de Bruyn... similar to Swys... has mental issues. Let him stay at home.

Munthusamy... so out of his depth!

We really has some brilliant youngsters at home. Get them into the mix, let them get experience.... and in 4 years time, we'll be back to where we need to be.

thank fuck for Rabada and de Kock.

Oct 12, 2019, 00:38

I warned this would happen so for me it's of no surprise. Read my comments at the time of the WC, I also predicted the Proteas would not make the semi finals. 

Draad, I hear you and I share your pain. The delusional I note are still banging away about the abundance of brilliant talent available in South Africa....shakes his head, turns around and walks away.......(sigh)

Laughing Graphics

Oct 12, 2019, 01:31

"There is something wrong with our Cricket and it ain't the need for young blood. There's an acute lack of leadership and backbone IMO....nothing to do with quotas or selection,"

Sage.

Oct 12, 2019, 12:46

Markram is so talented but what the fuck has happened to him?

He and de Kock are the only two that should be retained amongst the bats

Faf is old he needs to go

We need 5 new bats - a bit of a tall order!!!

Our bowling is fine with Rabada, Ngidi, Nortje, Andile and Maharaj

Oct 13, 2019, 07:38

Faf is not a tactically gifted skipper.

The previous highest score India had against us in India was 400. 

In the previous game that moved.up to 500 and now it's 600.

The bowling ideas have been bad and/or the bowlers haven't been following the plan. 

Either way, the captain has a hand in it.

Oct 13, 2019, 09:22

Our bowling is weak and so is our batting. The team is a weak one for any number of reasons. 

Indian commentator just said bottom order has outperformed top order every time. Hope this explains matters to the very dense Denise. 

Oct 13, 2019, 09:54

Our batting in the first test was on par...or there abouts. 

The second test it failed badly.

In both tests the bowling was absolutely horrendous.

I'm concerned about Kagiso.

He's probably got a lot of voices coming at him and his bowling was poor under Gibson.

They say that a good bowler benefits more from advice from a top order batsman than he does from a bowler. 

I've always felt that to be a great point.

A top batter gives you information from behind enemy lines while a bowler will tell you how best to aim. At test level, your aim is/should be close to perfect already.

It's not an all encompassing argument so don't interpret it as me saying a bowler doesn't need a bowling coach.

Oct 13, 2019, 11:46

We are just fucking pathetic - this side should be ashamed

Pathetic World Cup and now this shambles

England must be licking their lips

And get a fucking proper coach to turn things around not this token nobody

Oct 13, 2019, 22:28

Nkwe!   Nkwe!   Nkwe!   Nkwe!   Nkwe!   Nkwe!  

What a gem of a coach!

With him steering our squad, we'll become number one in the world never!

You need to Log in to reply.