Happy days....

Forum » Cricket » Happy days....

Sep 09, 2019, 04:09

as justice prevails, lets face it the the Ozzies should have won at Headingley but like true champions they upped their game by putting the blowtorch to the POMS. I expect the Ozzies will go onto bigger and better things and wouldn't be one bit surprised if they once again dominate for the next 10 years.......amazing if one thinks that just over a year and a bit ago they were woeful.

Sep 09, 2019, 13:19

Congrats to the Aussies on their win - beating the bragging POMS is a gift to all of us.

We obviously need Labuschagne back in SA.  :D:D:D

Sep 10, 2019, 02:11

You can have Labuschagne but we'll have Lubashane:'(:D

Sep 11, 2019, 06:01

:D:D:D

Sep 11, 2019, 06:01

:D:D:D

Sep 15, 2019, 10:48

Had they not been so clearly reliant on Smith, I might agree Denny.

If he averaged 40 in this series, the Poms would have walked it.

Sep 16, 2019, 01:18

You may be right, Oz has been a one man band with Smith holding it together but going forward which team will dominate test cricket? It should be England, on paper they are the real deal, India only win at home and the Ozzzies are rebuilding. None of the other nations are in the frame. The only weakness in the Ozzie side is a good opening pair, rest assured the problem will be addressed starting with Warner being dropped from the squad.

Sep 16, 2019, 08:15

Lyon will retire relatively soon as well. 

From what I hear the smoke from the Oz dressing room will shortly change to white and a certain Mr Lloyd shall commence his reign.

Any truth to this?

And did you like/get the reference?

Sep 16, 2019, 08:29

News to me, mate. I haven't the foggiest what you're talking about......is there a link?

Sep 16, 2019, 09:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4w4R5jcP1o

;)

Sep 16, 2019, 10:43

Holimollicrocodolli......Warne MKII, I don't watch local cricket so this is all news to me but hey tx. I'm stating the obvious when I say the kid has some serious talent.

Gotta feel for whoever is going to face him and I bet Warne will no doubt be in his ear along the way. That's one good thing about him, he's always willing to help. 

Sep 16, 2019, 11:11

Also. I give you full rights to my Pope/white smoke reference.

Guy has a serious wrong-un. Geez.

Sep 16, 2019, 11:17

One thing for sure the national team won't be taking a step backward when Nathan Lyon retires, and that's not taking anything away from Lyon, he is a great tweaker.

Did I tell you my joke about Shamsi?

Sep 16, 2019, 11:50

Go on...

Sep 16, 2019, 11:57

Just checking cause I've put it up a while ago.

Anyway, so Faf goes up to Shamsi and says...."you're bowling next"

Shamsi: "Tx Captain" with a smile on his face.

Faf: "Listen, I want to you try a new tactic, something different."

Shamsi: "Yes, sure Captain.....and what would that be?"

Faf: "Spin the ball."

Sep 16, 2019, 12:12

Sies Denny!

Shamsi does spin the ball a lot. It just doesn't turn. 

I hear the US wanna recruit him as a counter-revolutionary.

He does have a good wrist. Pity it's on the wrong hand.

:):):)

Sep 16, 2019, 12:24

Laughing Graphics

Good one!

Sep 16, 2019, 13:50

I have plenty more. As a life-long wicketkeeper, you gotta have more jibes than brains or skill ;)

If a new batter was walking on. I'd stand on his mark in the batter's position so that he would have to walk towards me.

When he was about a pitch's length away, i'd say, loudly enough that all the fielders could hear...

"Here come the big guns boys!"

Then as he approached, obviously looking at me, since i was standing right in the position that he was walking towards, i'd wait until he got closer and looked me in the eye. I'd stare him down for a second or two, and then without breaking eye contact i'd start motioning with my arms as if making the "M' in YMCA , and say...

"Nevermind lads. Scrap that! Everybody come in ten paces!"  

And the best response I ever got when doing that... 

A kid, probably about 20 or so years old. I finish my bit, he doesn't look away. Instead, he keeps looking me in the eye and says in a louder voice than i'd used...

"Don't listen to this twat! I 'm gonna smash you to all corners."

He only got about 30 but we had a good few drinks after the game. Legend.

Sep 17, 2019, 02:14

One of the funniest cricket stories I stumbled on and geez I kick my butt every so now and then for not saving it. I know it was amongst "Cricket's best sledges" but it's disappeared.

The story goes that one of the Windies quicks bowled Mohammed Azharuddin flush in the nuts and while he was on his back writhing in agony on the side of the pitch, Dessie Haynes saunters over and says....."Say good looking, that Shiela you were taking out tonite.....what's her phone number?" 

Sep 17, 2019, 13:07

Haha

Gosh, you'd be locked up and medicated if you made a chirp like that these days.

Sep 17, 2019, 16:59

Plum......best get as much cricket under your belt as you can prior to your move to NS.

Would be surprised to learn that they even have a cricket field in NS.

Great to read that you are making the move......WELCOME to Canada.

VASBYT .

Sep 17, 2019, 20:54

Arthur-John, that you boet? Lanklaas gesien. Trust you are doing well, welcome back....if not Arthur, welcome aboard. :D

Sep 17, 2019, 22:57

Dankie.

It has been quite awhile since I was last on line.

But..... yes I am back.

Sep 18, 2019, 08:52

Hi AJH

And thanks :)

You need to Log in to reply.