Hamza anyone?

Forum » Cricket » Hamza anyone?

Oct 22, 2019, 18:22

I seem to recall we had a few strong Hamza fans on here.....one fan who never changes his mind on anything. So it would be instructive to get an update.

Oct 22, 2019, 20:14

I’m yet to be impressed by this guy - suspect technique.

Oct 23, 2019, 05:24

A test newbie with below average percentages who has been tossed into the harshest of cricket environments. I see him as an ODI player of average ability.

Oct 28, 2019, 16:28

Mozart

I took the trouble to look at the number of runs scored by the 8 top batsmen in the India test series.  So here goes and it looks very, very ugly:-

Elgar       -    6 innings             =     228 runs

Makram   -   4 innings             =       35 runs

De Bruin  -   4 innings             =       52 runs

Bavuma   -   6 innings             =       63 runs

Du Plessis -  6 innings            =      155 runs

De Kock   -  6 innings            =      156 runs

Hamza      -  2 innings            =        62 runs

Klaasen     -  2 innings            =        11 runs

The above is ugly - very ugly,   You write about Hamza and De Kock, but what about Klaasen,  Markram, De Bruin and Bavuma?   Compared to that lot De Kock was a star and even in two innings Hamza made just 1 run less than Bavuma made in 6 innings,  And in one test (2 innings) Klaasen made 11 runs.  

I think there is a lot of cleaning work to do and most of the above non-performers needs to be taken out of the team     

Oct 29, 2019, 17:17

saffez, can you identify the issue with his technique?

id like to pull up some videos to review your comments.

Oct 29, 2019, 21:34

You know why the issue of Hamza is suddenly raised Chippo?  Mozart knows nothing about him and I doubt whether either he or Dave ever saw he player until the last test.

It is because I wrote a while ago Hamza is a player to watch out for in future,  That is why he is against the player - childish as it may sound on Mozart's part. 

Look - fact is that they never before saw the player playing - but to score 62 runs under very difficult conditions in the first innings and then a duck in the second innings makes me wonder about Dave's comment on technique.  

Oct 29, 2019, 23:18

saffez, can you identify the issue with his technique?

Uh-Oh This will be interesting.....

Laughing Graphics

Oct 31, 2019, 15:19

Denny

:D:D:D No response yet - maybe we will get one in future.

The other part is interesting - the Mozart attack was on De Kock and Hamza.  Not about Klaasen whom he at one stage insist should replace De Kock in the team.   Wonder why he suddenly went quiet? 

Nov 01, 2019, 00:53

Dave will be here shortly....just don't hold your breath while he gets NASA to find the fault...

Laughing Graphics

You need to Log in to reply.