3rd T20

Forum » Cricket » 3rd T20

Feb 14, 2021, 15:07

Pakistan had spin success in the first game and pace success in the second.

And we're off.

Proteas batting first.

Feb 14, 2021, 15:17

Hendricks bowled.

Feb 14, 2021, 15:29

Smuts out for hardly any.

Two silly shot and two wickets so far.

Feb 14, 2021, 15:31

Smuts is way out of his depth at international level

Looks technically average, is a hard hitter but lacks an all round batting game

I so wanted him to be better as he is the only international cricketer to come from my old school but he is shit

Feb 14, 2021, 15:32

Batting an under 6 during the powerplay.

Why are there no pinch-hitters being made use of?

Send him in with a licence to swing. If it comes of great...if not then you've not lost much.

Feb 14, 2021, 15:34

As for v Biljon another utter waste of space

WTF are these players doing playing international cricket

Add Stuurman and Dala

It’s so fucking insulting

Feb 14, 2021, 15:37

Indeed. 

VanB hits 3 fours...then swings wildly for a fourth and gets bowled.

The lack of game awareness is the most glaring issue this squad has.

Feb 14, 2021, 15:39

And now Klaasen sweeps his first ball and top edges to fine leg.

Don't bother having a look. 

Lol

Feb 14, 2021, 15:47

48/6

The wheels have come off.

This team sucks.

Feb 14, 2021, 15:48

48 for 6 wow

Feb 14, 2021, 15:48

Great reading of the situation by Andile.
What a find!

Keep going my brother. Lance Klusener has nothing on you.

Feb 14, 2021, 15:49

We are in shit and Andile gets caught on the boundary FFS

Feb 14, 2021, 15:58

Looks like 125...unless Miller can finally get some runs

Feb 14, 2021, 16:04

If this does not prompt a SA cricket clear out nothing will

65 for 7

Pretorious you dumb prick

Feb 14, 2021, 16:04

We are going to become the new west indies at this rate.

Feb 14, 2021, 16:05

65/7

Haha 

Plonkers!

Feb 14, 2021, 16:08

Have to give the Asians their due. 

They really keep spin bowling relevant and fresh.

In the Proteas defence, they're trying to score when they get out. 

Hey, how many times have the Proteas side not batted out their overs in T20?

Feb 14, 2021, 16:14

Miller hits the biggest six of the series.

96m

92/7

Feb 14, 2021, 16:35

If you select shit batsmen - the end result will always be shot,    

Feb 14, 2021, 16:55

Funny how this place goes quiet when we start playing well!

Always the case when there is little to moan about. Hey Mike!

Lutho looks like he may be more of a batting all rounder.

Well played Miller. It's been a long time coming.

We have a very dependable score.

But Miller must be dropped as he is older than 30. Hey Mike!

Feb 14, 2021, 16:56

Miller you beaut

85 off 45

Love his clean hitting

A one man show

Feb 14, 2021, 17:02

Beast innings by Miller.

Massive momentum for SA now.

Pakistan will be suffering from adrenaline dump galore.

Big hill for them to climb.

Some amazing shit that innings from Miller. Seriously, one of the best I've seen.

Let's hope the dew isn't blamed for our bowlers full-tossing us out the game. They've had 2 games to adjust.

Feb 14, 2021, 17:34

Haha Shamsi!

First baller.

If only all pitches turned like this one.

Feb 14, 2021, 18:08

Shamsi taking 3 wickets so far.

The third wicket being the most comical.

Feb 14, 2021, 18:25

Superb from Andile

Great bowling.

Feb 14, 2021, 18:40

Andile you beaut.

Nice level head from our rising star.

He had a great series.

Feb 14, 2021, 18:41

Andile loses us the game.

Full toss no-ball hit for 6.

Great job bud.

Feb 14, 2021, 18:45

Oh fuck!

His next ball is a wide full toss.

Guy is falling apart.

Pakistan needed 18 at the start of the 2nd last over.

Andile still has 3 balls to bowl and Pakistan need 2 runs.

His 4th legitimate ball of the over is another full-toss...also hit for 6.

Series to Pakistan.

Lame

Feb 14, 2021, 18:54

What do you mean plum?

He’s going to be a great all rounder in all formats!

He even made it on to some of saffexs lists

Feb 14, 2021, 19:04

Chippo

I watched rugby after the score was 48 for 6 and then saw later on that Miller nearly on his own saved the game on its own -  only to lose the game because that  according to  Dave brilliant all rounder Sandile gave away 20 runs from 4 balls bowled in the 19th over,

So was the series successful?  Definitely not in my book.   There were way too many passengers in the teams elected by clueless individuals.     One only have to look at theoir career stats to know that they cannot play for the country,         

Feb 14, 2021, 20:48

But Mike. Miller is over 30. Dont you think he should be dropped?

Andile will continue to be a world class all rounder for the Proteas. We'll win many games with him.

Feb 14, 2021, 21:36

Saffex and Chip

Have you two seen Andile's numbers?

In 42 FC games, 100 limited overs games and 90 T20 games...

He hasn't scored one hundred and only scored 13 fifties across all formats.

He's got 1 five-for in each format in out of a possible 236 innings.

I think you may be expecting a bit much.

At 24, if he was going to succeed on the big stage, we'd know by now. Especially after all the international games he has played.

I dont see him getting many big runs. He has a deecent technique, but cant keep it together for more than 7 or 8 overs before he starts playing stupid shots. Hence no hundreds in about 200 innings.

Hell, in pakistan, he barely lasted 2 balls before playing uncalled for shots.

Feb 14, 2021, 22:13

Allow me to reiterate...

"Let's hope the dew isn't blamed for our bowlers full-tossing us out the game. They've had 2 games to adjust."

Feb 14, 2021, 23:42

I like Andile, he has won us some ODI’s in the past

Certainly has the natural talent to be a good bat and judging him playing silly T20 cricket is a bit harsh

Batting in ODI’s at 7 it’s not possible to build an innings

I’m not saying he is the best thing since sliced bread I’m just saying he is better than some of the other sad excuses for all rounders that we have tried like Pretorious and Morris

Mulder looks good but yet to properly convince

For me our only all rounder options are Andile and Mulder - forget the rest

Feb 15, 2021, 08:43

Dave

Andile has been a liability after good performances in the WC.   He is defiinitelya  no-no on test level,   So lets look at his figures:-

Batting

Tests    -    4 matches      -     runs scored   19    highest score  9    -    average   9,5

ODI's   -   58 matches     -     runs scored   563  highest score 69* -   average  29,63   SR 87.55

T20I's  -    30 matches    -      runs scored   106 highest score  27* -  average  8,83   SR 109.27

FC        -   42 matches    -     runs scored   1111 highest score  67 -    average  21,36

List A  -   100 matches    -     runs scored  1295  highest score 69* -  average  26,44  SR 87.35

T20's   -    90 matches    -      runs scored   542  highest score  37   -  average  11,06  SR 115,81

Bowling

Tests    -    4 matches      -     wickets      11   -    average   13,36   - economy 3,52

ODI's   -   58 matches     -     wickets     69   -    average    31,17 -  economy  6,61 

T20I's  -    30 matches    -      wickets   38    -    average    51,82 -  economy  8,84 

FC        -   42 matches    -      wickets   69    -   average    36,69  -   economy  3,55 

List A  -   100 matches    -     wickets  115  -    average     31,46  - economy   5,53

T20's   -    90 matches    -      wickets   80   -    average     25,26  -  economy  8,48

Sandile has not played much international cricket since the 2019 WC.  Analysis pf the above figures indicates  that there was a decline in performances generally since the 2019 WC.  What is clear is that he is not under normal circumstances a player that would represent the country on a merit basis,   .   

I agree he is better than Pretorius and Morris - but that does not mean much.      .   

Feb 15, 2021, 12:40

Stop speaking shit Mike you know fuck all about cricket and you lied to us telling us Andile was fat

I’m not interested in your cricket takes as they are a load of shit

Feb 15, 2021, 15:51

but Saf, stats don't lie.

He's never been a top class performer... even at domestic level.

Stats wise, Pretorius is streets ahead in both departments.

His only downfall is his surname.

Feb 15, 2021, 16:07

Dave 

I did not lie about him picking up weight - he added some weight in the last two years - whether you like it or nor,  If you carefully study his stats over the last two years you would note a downturn in performances,.

I saw him for the first time on TV this year after his WC performances in 2019 and in not one match I saw his performances were up to standard/    His batting looked OK - his bowling was a joke,   

Whether you like it or not this guy is not  an international performer,   It is a joke that he is on the IPL auction list - but after his performances in the past three T20I's the chances of him receiving a bid is zero,    

Feb 15, 2021, 18:44

Unfortunately for you Mike the visual evidence on TV shows that Andile has not put on weight so yes you lied

As for his performances you are speaking shit

He was our best bowler in the first T20 and came in and smashed the ball when he batted as that is what was required of him. He got caught on the boundary

It happens in the last 3 overs of a T20

You are cricket ignorant and that’s a fact, just like you lied about his weight

Feb 15, 2021, 19:38

Dave

Best bowler in the 1st T20I  - he got two wickets from poor balls bowle when he was saved by a star catch by Snyman and a good one by Miller.   Both  catches came from balls  which would have gone for sixes,  He gave away 33 runs in the 4 overs bowled who definitely cannot be classified as acceptable.    

In the second game he gave away 31 runs and took 1 wicket.   That was poor. 

In the third game he gave away 37 runs in 2.4 overs - do you think that was good enough?

So bowling in 10.4 overs he gave away  101 runs and got 3 wickets - economy rate 9.7 - is that for you acceptable.

As to his batting he batted in two games making 14 runs in total at an average of 7. 

I call the above Shit poor and a failure,     

Feb 15, 2021, 19:51

Still Johan Botha a was one of our most underrated all rounders. 

Tight brand of finger-spin that was always economical, pressure sponge with the bat and a real fighter.

Ozzie were lucky to get him. 

And he was one of our throw-aways back then. 

A good indicator as to how deep the shit is that CSA is in today.

Feb 15, 2021, 21:13

Mike dont be silly

Andile is unbelievable! as FD pointed out... he has THREE five wicket hauls! THREE! Thats more than Hashim Amla has!

AND he's score more ODI runs than our great Dale Steyn! I mean what more would you want!

He's more dependable than Frans Steyn!

Not sure who has the bigger backside though.

Face it Mike... Andile is our next great all rounder.

Move over Shaun Pollock and Lance Klusener!

Andile Phehlukwayo is in the house!

Plum.. .what you been smoking?

You're on another playing field brother. Where the F did Johan Botha come from all of a sudden?

Feb 15, 2021, 22:19

Chippp

I was thinking of the quality of our current crop of all-rounders.

And realised that there was a time when a player of Johan Botha's quality was considered a placeholder.

Which all-rounder, in the current squad, would you pick instead of him? 

Feb 15, 2021, 22:59

Quality or equality?

My selections may vary drastically.

Feb 15, 2021, 23:21

Yes Mike you dumb fuck he was the best bowler in the first T20

Trust you to be stupid enough to say it was down to a brilliant catch by Snyman - bullshit it was an average catch off a poor shot

You know fuck all about cricket

Most bowlers are expensive in T20’s you idiot - you smash the ball in that format of the game

Geez you are thick

Feb 15, 2021, 23:38

Flash you are speaking shit

Pretorious has better first class figures and that’s it. Once these players start playing international cricket their first class stats are of no significance

In tests

Pretorious averages 13.8 with the bat which is shit and his bowling average is pathetic at 36

Andile averages 9.5 with the bat which is shit but has an impressive bowling average of 13.3

In ODI’s

Pretorious has a batting average of 15 which is pretty shit and a bowling average of 28

Andile has a respectable batting average of 29.6 and a bowling average of 31

So try tell me useless Pretorious is better?

He has a crap record all round while Andile has a good bowling test record and a good batting ODI record

Plus we know Andile has BMT given those handful of ODI games he has won for us

Feb 16, 2021, 10:52

Dave 

NO I am no nothing about cricket - but recognize BS when i see it happening,   Andile has been  shit since the WC in 2019 - where amongst a huge number of over-the-hill idiots he stood out as more dependable,     

He definitely lost the third game against Pakistan after Miller nearly got thee victory for the Proteas.    By the way a good shorter version  all-rounder give away 6,5 to 7,5 runs per over in T20I's -  Andile's average is over 8,3 throughout his career.   And his batting average is  games like the last one is 8,3.   

I have seen him play recently and he was nothing better than poor - accept it since you won't be able to make butter from shit.         

Feb 16, 2021, 11:29

Saf

Why do you get so nasty when people disagree with you?

Just because your mum let you speak to her like that, doesn't mean it is right.

You're a sports fanatic which is great.

But I honestly can't believe that you are an Andile fan.

He may have scored a useful forty once before... but overall, honestly... he hasn't done well at all.

Even Mondi Zondeki scored a test 50, but that didnt make him a good all rounder!

Feb 16, 2021, 13:56

Chip chip stupidity and ignorance irritates me so I’ll tell you when I think you are a fucking idiot and if you don’t like it I don’t give a fuck

My mother references are stale, childish and pathetic - move on, they make no impression on me. It says more about you than anything else - give it a break

I’m not saying Andile is the next best thing not even close, what I’m saying is that he is better than the all rounder options that we have available to us.

Pretorious and Morris are over 30 and both proven failures

Mulder shows glimpses of promise and could be better than Andile but is yet to prove that as his ODI and test stats show

I’ve seen Andile win us more ODI’s than this lot put together. I see a fighter in Andile, a guy with a good batting technique and a useful medium paced bowler who mixes it up a lot. He is a handy 5th bowler and number 7 bat. Much like Mulder

These two are our only options as all rounders in all formats

Fuck the rest they are shit

Feb 16, 2021, 13:59

Bullshit Mike Andile did not lose us the game you ignorant fool - the game was lost with at least 5 overs to go

Yes he bowled a shit last over - that happens to all bowlers but I’m not thick enough to define him as a player based on that over and nor am I pathetic enough to bullshit about his two wickets in the first T20

You are cricket clueless and that’s a fact

Feb 16, 2021, 15:59

Giving away 20 runs in four balls indicates a poor show,     The Paksitanis had to make 20 runs to win  in the last two overs and Andile snatch the loss from the jaws of victory,    A hal=decent bowler would not bowl; the junk he did.    I have seen people giving away 9 runs ion a full over bowling in such an over  - but definitely not Hendriks and Andile.

In any event I looked at his performances in three matches.

Bowling  ER  :     He gave away 101 runs in 10 overs and four balls  ie, 9,7 runs per over.

Batting           :      He batted in 3 matches and made 14 uns in total for an average of 7.    

Batting and bowling was his averages  in all games played  is poor in T20I's:-

Batting           :        8,83 

Bowling  ER  :        8,44

There is no way anybody could claim those are acceptable figures for all-round player in international level.   

On first class level his bowling economy rate is even worse at 8,48., but his batting average is 11,06 - slightly higher than at international level - but not at all acceptable,.  .   

Nothing will convince me that the above are acceptable figures      However, do you think they are and if so why?         

Feb 16, 2021, 17:34

Mike I’m not going to bother with responding to your utter stupidity and ignorance

You are too fucking stupid to debate cricket with

Only a complete fucking idiot would define a player based on one poor over

For the rest of the series he bowled as well as the rest of the bowlers and was our best bowler in the first T20

Of course your batting average is going to be low when you have to come in with less than 5 overs to go and your require 12 an over. You have to take risks you stupid prick

Your stupidity bores me

Feb 16, 2021, 19:47

Dave 

Sorry I am not talking about one match or two.   I am talking about his career averages.    I know you despise  Pretorius - but his career averages are near to three times higher than Andile's  and his economy rate a run lower than Andile's.    That is or his full career - same as Andile.   

Believe me this guy was good when I first saw him playing - but over the past two years he turned out to be poor,   He is not even a good provincial player  anymore.     .

Feb 16, 2021, 19:50

As I said IGNORANT

I’ve already listed Pretorious stats against Andile you idiot

And I’m not interested in first class averages as that means stuff all once you have stated playing international cricket

The true test is international cricket - firstly tests then ODI’s - T20’s are a waste of time they tell you stuff all about ability.

So what part of Pretorious’s test and ODI averages both with bat and ball do you not get as being useless while Andile has a good ODI batting average and a very good test bowling average?

But I guess you are too fucking stupid to work that out despite it being pointed out to you

Are you really this stupid, seriously?

Feb 17, 2021, 00:51

I don't like Pretorius at all and I recognize that T20I's are recognized as an international competition.

So Andile is  not a test level option - neither should he ever be a  T20I option.   That leave's the ODI option.   There Mulder is vastly better than  Andile too,   

So Andile is a bad dream after all.   

Feb 17, 2021, 00:52

Feb 17, 2021, 01:49

That confirms how stupid you are because Andile has a far better batting average in ODI’s than Mulder and has a better ODI bowling average so your take is utter bullshit as usual

Andile has a far better bowling test average than Mulder, while Andile averages 9.5 batting in tests, Mulder averages 18 - so once again you are proven clueless

Andile has better bowling stats in tests and ODI’s than Mulder and he has a better ODI batting average than Mulder

So you work the maths out dumbass

But keep trying, you are such easy pickings

But worst of all is your pathetic lies about Andile putting on weight

Feb 17, 2021, 09:02

How many matches did Mulder play on ODI level compared to Andile.   Mulder was pushed into international cricket before he was really ready for it.    He improved since than and his latesst batting on FC level was 146 runs.

Mulder played in 10 ODI's as against 42 of Andile.   Mulder improved after a year lay-off due to injury - Andile deteriorated badly over the last two years.    He was so bad on provincial level he did not make selection on ODI level.    

He was in the latest T20I squd based on quota selecction and his eprformance in Pakistan proved just that.         

Feb 17, 2021, 12:39

I don’t care how many matches Mulder has played

What I’m telling you is that the stats in cricket don’t lie and that Andile as I have pointed out has better bowling and batting averages overall than both Mulder and Pretorious in tests and ODI’s the only real measure of cricketing talent

Only an ignorant cricket follower would tell us that bash and smash T20 cricket is a measure of ability

Who would I choose in my tests and ODI’s as my all rounder - Andile for the simple reason he has better averages and I know he has BMT

Until and if Mulder produces better stats Andile is my man

Feb 17, 2021, 15:12

Well Dave

I saw Andile play in the WC and was impresed as he stood out as a relative success compared to the junk of most of the others,  The last two years I did not see him play.- but two months ago I watched the Momentum 50 overs games and Andile was the poorest bowling all rounder I have ever seen,   His game went backwards at jet speed,  

As to the ODI story as a whole he was out in contention for a long time because apparently he was poor on provincial level.   I think he was taken along to Pakistan to give him another chance to save his career and he failed miserably in all three matches.

The only way he can make the team for any format of the game is as a quota selection - on merit he is a goner,    Unfortunately a player who showed early promise and that did not continue,          

Feb 17, 2021, 16:13

And you are stupid enough to define him based on some nothing domestic tournament when all our cricketers had not played cricket in months

I have seen him play in the T20 against Pakistan and he did a solid job despite the side as a whole being rubbish

Nothing tells me as you declared before the series that Andile had put on weight and suddenly could no longer bat or bowl

You effectively were speaking utter shit and actually lying

I used to respect your takes but not after this.

You just lied about his ability and his size

You should be ashamed of yourself

You are cricket ignorant and effectively stupid as despite his averages telling you he is better than Pretorious and Mulder you are too stupid to work that out

Feb 17, 2021, 17:01

Look  at his photo now and the one taken in 2019 and if you cannot see that he did put on weight you need to have your eyes tested.

In any event what you describe as solid performances are anything but.   Come now Dave 0 this is not a player that can be described as solid, 0nless you have a different idea  as to what solid implies.

If  there ever is going to be a constructive rebuilding of the team one has to look at players at provincial level and look at their stats as well.     I have already written about Du Plessis  and Elgar - whose provincials tats are not as goof as some of he young guns.  Why can one not do the same in the case of Andile?        

Feb 17, 2021, 17:42

Well dumbass damn right he was solid compared to some of the other players.

He was our best bowler in the first game and hit 15 of 7 balls as he had to go in and smash and got caught on the boundary

That is solid you dumb twit

And no you are fucking lying about his weight as he is exactly the same size now as he was when he started playing

You are a fucking liar and that’s a fact

Once a player starts playing international cricket and succeeds like Andile has given he has played 50 odd ODI’s then you don’t go look at his first class career. How much more obvious can that be. Are you really this fucking thick?

Feb 17, 2021, 17:59

Dave

One has to look at his first class \career when he vanished  from sight to see why he was not playing international cricket anymore, 

Then we have comparison with other duds - in in the land of he blind cock-eye is king,  

Feb 17, 2021, 18:06

He had not vanished you dumb fuck. He played in 2019 and Covid hit and now he is playing again

You don’t look at Elgar’s first class stats when you know he is part of the international squad.

You judge him on international cricket only

If Elgar failed and got dropped and was out of the squad for some time then you would look at his first class stats to see if he was worth recalling

Same applies to Andile - he has not been out of the SA squad for long

My guess is that this will all just go over your head as you are clueless

Feb 17, 2021, 20:47

There were a number of shorter version games played at the end of 2019 and early in 2020 before the Covid crisis hit SA in March 2020 and a;so towards the end of 2020 and he was nowhere in sight,    That is why I looked at the provincial stats too/

I look at all present Protea players and their provincial stats to see how they perform compared to some promising  youngsters especially since the selections are so pathetic,. 

Feb 17, 2021, 20:47

There were a number of shorter version games played at the end of 2019 and early in 2020 before the Covid crisis hit SA in March 2020 and a;so towards the end of 2020 and he was nowhere in sight,    That is why I looked at the provincial stats too/

I look at all present Protea players and their provincial stats to see how they perform compared to some promising  youngsters especially since the selections are so pathetic,. 

Feb 17, 2021, 22:21

Shut up you idiot your stupidity is boring me

Feb 18, 2021, 03:32

Dave 

I admire your knowledge of the younger generation of rugby and cricket players and rarely differ from you on that score - fact is I support most of your comments on that score,

However, I think that like in the case of Andile  your trust is misplaced and what come out of the players by way o performance is nor supporting your statements like happened in the case of Andile.           ,    

Feb 18, 2021, 11:56

No dumbfuck I’m quoting the stats to back my case

You can’t refute what these players bowling and batting averages are

And I’m certainly not stupid enough to declare a 24 year old has suddenly lost the ability to play based on a handful of domestic games

Fact is we have seen him play against Pakistan and he was solid. Nothing has changed with how he plays or his size

You are just lying and you are ignorant

Feb 18, 2021, 15:11

Thanks Dave

I recognize shit when I see it 

Feb 18, 2021, 15:11

Thanks Dave

I recognize shit when I see it 

Feb 18, 2021, 17:46

Given the shit you come up with your recognition of shit differs from the rest of us

Feb 20, 2021, 09:23

Dave

I am disappointed in you - did you not serve in the SA army at one stage?   If you did - did you not have  an explosive Sergeant Major who could enhance your insult ability?    :D:D:D     

Feb 20, 2021, 15:03

My two years national service left little to no impression on me

You need to Log in to reply.