PhehLukwayo

Maharaj

Ngidi

Shamsi

Nortje.  

Quinton won the toss and chose to bat.

Now we at last can have a look at Malan and Verreynbe as batsmen,

Labuschagne is playing for Australia. 

Feb 29, 2020, 13:00

Who is Vorster

Feb 29, 2020, 13:09

Poor Janneman what a ball to get on debut

Feb 29, 2020, 13:11

The make up of this side has the signs of Boucher and Smith taking over the selection of the side

Feb 29, 2020, 16:56

Mike is so racist. He even imagines Afrikaans players that don’t even exist.

I must say, we showed some decent fight so far.

Happy Klaasen scored his ton.

Feb 29, 2020, 17:04

Corrected.  

The Proteas ended up with 291/7.

Comments
 - 
Malan got a very difficult ball first ball bowled by Starc,   

Not happy with De Kock  - he is not playing his natural game and try to defend and get one and 2 runs,  He went out far too early for my liking

Bavuma did better than De Kock - but not much better.  He strike rate was too low,

Verreyne is a definite star in the making.   His 48 runs on debut against Australia was a real eye-opener - he should have been in the team for at least a year now.

Klaasen did extremely well and deserve the century

Miller was very good as well.

With the score at 48/3 it looked very dim to everybody that SA would struggle to make 200.

I hope they keep Malan in the team .  He is not the first ODI who went for a duck in his forst game and will not be the last.   Near the end of the Aussie innings when fielding Malan got injured and I believe he will not be available for the reining to ODI's

Now for the Aussie innings.   The Aussies were all out for 217 runs meaning the Proteas won the match by 74 runs,   

The bowlers were very good,  Ngidi got three wickets - inclusive of Warner and  Nortje (2 wickets) got rid of Smith.

To my mind the find of the game was Verreinne,   He took two catches (one was Warner) which were better than the catch of Du Plessis about which Mozart raved.    A class act in the making, 

As to De Kock's captaincy - his field placings and bowling changes were excellent.             . .

Feb 29, 2020, 21:16

If Malan is indeed out for  the remaining two matches - I think they should recall Van der Dussen,     

You need to Log in to reply.